Joe Colton reminisces about his most important mission.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- 1963 would have been the early years of US involvement in Vietnam. However, the soldiers' dress and slang are more in line with the official war, which wouldn't begin for two years.
Items of note
- First appearance: Ghoststriker X-16
- This was a special "30th anniversary" issue of the entire GI Joe franchise, commemorating 1964 to 1994.
- A 3¾" figure of Joe Colton was released, based on his appearance in this issue.
- President Kennedy forms G.I. Joe - but says that's only a temporary name.
- The issue also contains a gallery of pin-ups including:
- One of the first units assigned to Vietnam was the Green Berets; in this story, Colton wears a green beret while in the field.
- Kennedy has a model of PT-109 in his office.
G.I. Joe references
- Joe's girlfriend Jane is mentioned.
Footnotes and References
- ↑ This is actually the art that's been in the corner boxes since issue #149.