|G.I. Joe #99|
|"Calm Before the Storm"|
Zartan sets in motion a plan to escape the freighter. Mutt and Spirit go to his childhood town of Millville to visit his Uncle Jeff. Zarana bargains with the real Cobra Commander revealing the potential of the two brainwashed Joes Clutch and Rock N Roll.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
"The aft holds are full to the top with crates of surplus C-rations! Got them cheap at a job lot. I thought we might cut our budget by feeding the Vipers with them--"
- --But then what would become of the Kitchen-Vipers, Dr. Mindbender?
"Paranoia waves! The government is bombarding us with paranoia waves!"
- --Suuuuuure they are, Old Woman.
- No errors known.
Items of note
- Another Cobra shell company is introduced: Carbo Plumbing.
- The man wearing glasses sitting next to Gen. Hollingsworth looks like his old friend General Flagg. But since that General Flagg is long dead, could this be an appearance of his son?
- Senator Hegel and General Malthus were the ones who conspired to blame Hawk for the botched intervention in the Cobra Civil War. 
- We see a Cobra-affiliated marching band in the same uniforms as the one from issue 5.
- The Joes in Millville are there to visit Mutt's uncle Jeff. Mutt and Jeff was the first daily newspaper comicstrip, started in 1907.
- The garbage thrown at Spirit's feet, and the closeup on his face that immediately follows, is a reference to the famous "Crying Indian" anti-pollution ad from the '70s.
- Roxy compares the Mobile Command Center to a Sandcrawler from Star Wars, and the ramp of the C-130 to Close Encounters of the Third Kind, then offers the "aliens" some Reece's Pieces, like in E.T. Her "Sci Fi Freak" hat does not lie.
Footnotes and References