Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Battle Force 2000 is a subset series of toys from Hasbro under the G.I. Joe series and toyline. Released in late 1987 (with a final vehicle and member released in 1989), they represent a hi-tech unit of the Joes using experimental weaponry under battlefield conditions.
The toy line was made up of 7 action figures, with the 6 from 1987 being packaged in both single and 2-packs. All but one of the characters was assigned as the primary driver of a hi-tech vehicle, which was sold separately. A part of 6 of the vehicles can combine together to form into a small hi-tech fortress called the Future Fortress. Most of the vehicles have a white, silver, grey and dark blue color scheme. An exception to this is the Pulverizer, the 1989 addition to the series which does not have a piece that can combine with the fortress.
Characters and Vehicles
- Avalanche - Cold weather specialist who drives the vehicle, Dominator, a tank that was specially designed for use in freezing weather conditions.
- Blaster - Ground effect vehicle operator who loves to design hovercrafts. He operates the Vindicator, an advanced hovercraft. Fan of loud rock and roll music.
- Dodger - Maintenance expert and operator of the hi-tech battle cycle, Marauder. Known to cook for the team.
- Knockdown - Electronic detection systems expert. Operator of the mobile anti-aircraft platform, Sky-Sweeper.
- Maverick - Fighter pilot of the VTOL jet fighter Vector. The VTOL was once stolen by Cobra forces but retrieved with civilian help.
- Dee-Jay - Communications expert. He is the only member without an assigned vehicle, and is a late addition to the team. However, the Pulverizer, a mobile laser cannon platform, is the only vehicle with no primary designated operator, so the two are often combined.
Maverick gets some time away from the team one issue later. He is teamed with Wild-Bill and Crazylegs during a mission in Rio Vista, the capital of war-torn Sierra Gordo, yet another fictional country. Several Dreadnoks appear. Monkeywrench, Zarana and Thrasher take many civilians hostage in order to ensure the help of Maverick and the other Joes in escaping. In the end, though, the two groups teamed up, rescuing each other and helping the civilians reach safety.
Maverick also appears in G.I. Joe Special Missions #16. After playing ping pong with Wild Bill, they and the other Joe pilots scramble for a recon mission over Cobra Island. The pilots engage several Cobra aircraft in a dogfight and win handily.
Later, Battle Force 2000 is a major part of the invading force assisting Serpentor during the Cobra Civil War.
When Hasbro gave permission to writer Larry Hama to kill off Joes no longer circulated in the toylines, Battle Force 2000 was chosen, along with other Joes. It finally happened in G.I. Joe #113, during a major battle in the war of liberating another fictional country, Benzheen, which was occupied by Cobra. The country's emir was more concerned of his oil stocks, he negotiated with Cobra Commander not to shell artillery on Battle Force 2000, who were reinforcing Joes trapped in another battle. Cobra Commander immediately reneges on the agreement and orders shelling on Battle Force 2000.
Dee-Jay first appeared here and dies; artistically, his body is shown untouched from the chest up. Dodger is the only survivor of the incident. After the war, Dodger is assigned to another Joe team, the Sonic Fighters.
The rest of the team is buried in Arlington National Cemetery, along with other Joe members who perished in Benzheen and all other Joes who have perished over the years, such as Mangler and General Flagg.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Battleforce 2000. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Joepedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Battle Force 2000 vehicles (7 P)
Pages in category "Battle Force 2000"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.