Enter a brief synopsis
Mainframe and Zarana star in a Made-for-80s "Romeo and Juliet" Shakespearean tragedy / comedy. The tragedy lies in two individuals, sworn-enemies, fighting yet falling in love with each another. Mainframe and Zarana are both torn by their growing love for each other and their long allegiance to two contrasting opposite sides of war. The comedy lies within Mainframe and Zarana going back-and-forth with each other, fighting against each other, fighting against their own emotions, ending with both of them staring off into the distance, lamenting their ill-fated relationship.
It all climaxes in a major battle-at-sea, culminating in what Shipwreck exclaimed as a "real big budget spectacular finish" by way of sinking of the big U.S.S. FLAGG off the coast of California, San Diego.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
"Sit down and shut up. I'll be with you when I'm good and ready."
- --Mainframe meets "Sgt. Carol Weidler".
"Leave. Before I regain my senses."
- --Mainframe upon discovering the true identity of Carol Weidler.
"Now that's whatcha call yer real big budget spectacular finish!"
- --Shipwreck seeing the Flagg sink off the coast of San Diego, California.
Animation and/or technical glitches
- As Mainframe meets Beachhead, who is guarding the Top Secret computer room, Beachhead is masked. Suddenly, he is unmasked. Immediately thereafter, he is masked again when allowing Carol Weidler and Mainframe in the Top Secret computer room.
- Wet-Suit's uniform changes from the usual teal to the generic orange & black wetsuit when he sits down to fire the missiles on the battle platform.
- When the Joes suit up for battle, Torpedo wears the same uniform as Wet-Suit instead of his usual navy blue wetsuit.
- No errors known.
- Apparently there are different levels of security at Joe HQ, as Mainframe is cleared for "Top Secret" access but "Sgt. Carol Weidler" is only cleared for "Secret" access.
- "Secret" and "Top Secret" are realistic Military Security Classification Levels. However, neither Beachhead, nor Mainframe would EVER let a soldier with only Secret clearance into a Top Secret Area, this would signal an automatic Court Martial for all three (3) of them, followed by a subsequent term in a Military Prison, eventually leading to a guaranteed Dishonorable Discharge from the Military.
- Not to mention that the "Regulation-Pounding" Beachhead would NEVER allow this break in Procedure to occur, unless General Hawk, Duke, or Flint specifically and personally ordered him to "stand-down".
- The sequel to this episode is "Raise the Flagg!".
- Mainframe did a tour of duty in Vietnam before working in Silicon Valley for a stretch; he is also divorced.
- Silicon Valley