|G.I. Joe #174|
|“||Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow are on the hunt, tracking down the members of the deadly Blue Ninja clan and bringing them to justice before they cause more harm to the Arashikage. But these adversaries may prove too difficult for the ninjas to face alone... it may be time to call in reinforcements! It's a deadly ninja showdown in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #174, don't miss it!||”|
—The description as originally solicited by IDW Publishing.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|G.I. Joe||Cobra||Oktober Guard||Others||M.A.R.S.|
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
|G.I. Joe||Cobra||Oktober Guard||M.A.R.S.|
"Kiss my kupecheskaya, Chikatilo."
- --It's not as dirty as Daina makes it sound.
- The gunner of the plain H.I.S.S. tells the driver of a H.I.S.S. IV that his tank is more advanced. The gunner in the H.I.S.S. II claims he's the most advanced.
Items of note
- First appearance: Col. Bin Ismael, Dr. Eleanor Chen
- Pretty much every version of the H.I.S.S. Tank appears in this issue.
- Steeler references Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Ilya Muromets is a Russian epic hero (like Beowulf is in the west), and a bylina is an epic poem.
- Kupecheskaya (Купеческая) directly translates as "merchant," but in this case it refers to Kasha Kupecheskaya, a traditional Russian buckwheat dish. In other words, Daina is paraphrasing Flo's catchphrase from Alice, "kiss my grits!"
Footnotes and References