| Serpent's Tale|
Part One: The Nest
|“||After the revelation of a major character on the last page of the previous issue, what can you possibly expect from this issue of G.I. Joe: Cobra? How about the revelation of another major character on the first page? Costa and Gage begin an all-new storyline in a book that continues to dazzle readers and defy expectations.||”|
—The description as originally solicited by IDW Publishing.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|G.I. Joe||The Coil||Civilians|
- --Serpentor wastes no time in bringing the crazy.
- No errors known.
Items of note
- First appearance: Serpentor, the Coil, Scoop
- Serpentor's civilian ID is Stephen Minasian.
- Scoop has a Pulitzer.
- The other files on Hawk's desk are codenamed "Mimic" and "Understudy."
- The IDW version of The Coil is very similar to The Church of Scientology.
- The Pulitzer is awarded for excellence in journalism. Obviously Scoop wasn't always a PI.
- "Dr. Atkins" founded a famous diet plan.
- Erhard Seminars Training was big in the '70s.
G.I. Joe references
- Serpentor's cry of "Cobra-La-La-La-La-La!" is the first time the ululation from G.I. Joe: The Movie has ever been used in the comics.
- The artwork showing the man with the body of a snake represents Golobulus.
Footnotes and References