Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Enter a brief synopsis
- Gameplay not yet described.
- Appearances not yet listed
- Summary not yet written.
- Voice cast not yet listed.
- No reviews yet.
The G.I. Joe arcade game by Konami was released in 1992. Following the success of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game, the Japanese game developer began producing various arcade games based on other U.S. licenses, including G.I. Joe. The game was produced as a tie-in to DiC's G.I. Joe animated series and featured its theme song as background music for the first stage. No console port of the game was ever produced.
The G.I. Joe arcade game is a pseudo-3D third-person rail shooter in which the player controls a member of the Joe Team. Depending on the cabinet, the game can be set up for up to two or four players. Players can join-in at any time during gameplay. The playable roster consists of Duke, Snake-Eyes, Scarlett and Roadblock, with other Joe members (such as Hawk, Scoop and Storm Shadow) appearing throughout the game in non-playable cameos .
The controls consists of a joystick and two attack buttons. The joystick moves the player's aiming cursor in any of the eight directions, while also moving their character left or right at the bottom of the screen. One of the attack buttons fires the character's rifle, which has unlimited ammunition, while other is for firing their rocket launcher, which does greater damage than the rifle but has a finite stock. The player must destroy every Cobra soldier and vehicle that gets in the way, occasionally stopping by for the mandatory boss battles. Destroying certain objects or enemies will reveal power-up items, which the player picks up by shooting or moving into them before scrolling pass by them.
The player has a health gauge which is depleted as the player gets him by enemy attacks. A life is lost when the health bar reaches zero. When the player runs out of lives, he must be insert another credit to continue. Continues in this game are unlimited.
The game consists of a total of eight stages set across three missions.
- Rapid Fire - Upgrades the player's rifle with auto-fire. The effect is lost when your character sustains damage.
- Missile - Increases your missile stock by one unit. Up to nine missiles can be carried by your character.
- Health Kit - Replenishes your life bar.
- Mission 1
- Chemical Plant
- Air Base
- Cobra's Weapons Plant
- Mission 2
- Cavern Base
- The Final Battle
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
- The image of the second screen title is a homage to the cover of G.I. Joe #109.
- Even though Snake Eyes is traditionally characterized as a mute, he yells "Yo Joe" when the game begins (or when he starts a new life). He also has a death cry when defeated. However, the animated series that the game is based off of, never gave a reason why Snake Eyes doesn't talk.