|G.I. Joe #22|
|“||The Joes battle Mother Nature as a tidal wave threatens to sweep Scarlett, Ripcord and their strike team off an abandoned Cobra atoll. At the same time, Shipwreck, Cover Girl and the others have captured a Cobra weapon of mass destruction. But can they hold onto it? Action, mayhem, and post-nuclear consequences on the high seas!||”|
—The description as originally solicited by IDW Publishing.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- None yet.
- When Scarlett drags Mainframe onto dry land, the other three Joes are on the other side of the water. In the next panel, Dial Tone is standing next to him and Scarlett is gone.
- When the Cobras attempt to retake the Dreadnaught, one of them holds a knife to Shipwreck's throat and says "Who's deck is it now, Popeye?" - that should actually read "whose deck."
Items of note
- First appearance: F.A.N.G. Helicopter
- This is the first issue IDW published that only had one standard cover, not a 50/50 split (the second cover was a retailer incentive).
- One of the Cobras calls Shipwreck "Popeye," after the famous cartoon sailor.
- Killing time on Manatua, the Joes compare themselves to the cast of Gilligan's Island.
G.I. Joe references
- Both covers show the characters in uniforms based on their A Real American Hero counterparts.
Footnotes and References