- The G.I. Joe Headquarters is a base of operations of the G.I. Joe Team from the A Real American Hero series.
The G.I. Joe Team's headquarters is a mighty stronghold. It has many names: Joe HQ, G.I. Joe Base, the main base and all but it all can be summed as G.I. Joe Headquarters.
Animated continuity - Sunbow
Strategic command and base operations are coordinated at Joe headquarters. Distinguishing features include a fortified wall and large cannon turret. Interior of the base includes dining, resting, training, and recreation facilities. Military tactics are briefed in a conference room which has a large screen on the wall. Tactical data as well as communications are displayed on this screen. G.I. Joe uses a communication band they refer to as Joe frequency.
A Real American Hero comics continuity - Marvel
The Joes' pre-fab fortress was based on the toy.
Sigma 6 continuity
- A Real American Hero (1983)
- The Headquarters was originally sold as part of the 1983 lineup of the A Real American Hero toy line. This playset was the design basis for the command center that which you see in the A Real American Hero animated continuity. Since this playset did not really have a fancy name, it is often referred to as either Headquarters or Command Center.
- 1983 blueprint from YoJoe.com
- A Real American Hero (1992)
- A new G.I. Joe Headquarters was released in 1992. For the uninitiated, it would seem to be the same as the 1983 model as the toy is basically just a wall you position your other G.I. Joe toys with. Upon closer inspection, they only go so far as they resemble each other. Instead of a cannon, the feature this time is a multi-platform weapon.
- G.I. Joe vs. Cobra (2001)
- The 1992 mold of the Headquarters is used for a re-release in 2001 as part of the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra toyline. It was sold only as a Toys "Я" Us exclusive.
- 2001 blueprint from YoJoe.com