Someone we know makes a return from the dead and is going to make all those who betrayed him pay.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|G.I. Joe||Cobra||Civilians||Weapons buyers||Misc|
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
"But we thought you were dead!"
- --Tyrone, on the cover. (see below)
- The cover shows the characters in the freighter reacting to Cobra Commander's return, with Tyrone exclaiming in surprise. Since Tyrone doesn't know anything about Cobra, he certainly wouldn't have any clue that the man before him was supposed to be dead.
- In the flashback of Cobra Commander's resurrection, he looks completely different from his previous unmasked appearances, including his appearance at the time he was supposedly killed and buried.
- Compounding the error, this sequence makes him look a lot like one of the Freds (which he'd have never been mistaken for previously), leading some fans to speculate that he was the template on which all the others were based.
- As further evidence that this is an error, when Fred VII unmasked for Baroness, she immediately recognized that he was an imposter - something that couldn't have happened if CC had the Fred face.
Items of note
- A Cobra Trooper appears on the cover, but not in the issue.
- The credits on the splashpage are in French - appropriate, since the scene is set in Quebec.
- The return of the original Cobra Commander.
- Billy, Zartan, Tyrone, Capt. Minh, Firefly, Fred VII, Dr. Mindbender, Voltar and Raptor are locked in a freighter, buried and left to die.
- The letters page gives a quick explanation of how Snake-Eyes, Scarlett and the Blind Master got out of Grenada.
- The band playing at the Cobra Arms hotel are "Deaf Mangled Washington," a possible reference to punk band the Dead Kennedys.
Footnotes and References