Successive versions of the G.I. Joe toyline and the accompanying spin-off media have been adapted for sale around the world. In some countries the original toyline was simply imported under a different name but in others the toyline saw significant local developments.
- Falcon - A licensed version of the 12 inch figures
- Comandos em Ação - A licensed version of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline.
- Group Action Joe - A licensed copy of the G.I. Joe Adventure Team line but with additional figures and outfits. It ran between 1976 and 1981.
- GIJOE & Combat Man
- Chijo Saikyo no Expert Team G.I. Joe - A licensed version of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero sold by Takara from 1986 to 1987. It was accompanied by an unfinished dub of the cartoon series and a tie-in manga.
- Geyperman - A licensed copy of the G.I. Joe Adventure Team line from Hasbro although using the Palitoy version as the basis of the products.
- Action Man - A licensed copy of Hasbro's G.I. Joe: America's Movable Fighting Man by Palitoy that later imported elements of the G.I. Joe Adventure Team line but also made some of their own developments and maintained the military them. The original line began in 1966 and lasted until 1984 and was revived in the 1990s, this time veering off in a non-military, extreme sports version.
- Action Force - Originally a local toyline made up of 3.75 inch sized action figure, this series started importing elements from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline and eventually became a straightforward import in all but name. The name would subsequently change to G.I. Joe the Action Force and then just G.I. Joe