|G.I. Joe #69|
|Into the Breach|
A rapidly deteriorating situation in Sierra Gordo heralds Destro's return to the fold.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|G.I. Joe||Cobra||Sierra Gordo||Iron Grenadiers|
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
- None yet.
- On the splash page, Sierra Gordo's capital is called "Rio Vista" rather than Rio Lindo. (Later in the story, it's called by the right name.)
- Whoever is piloting the Firebat, it's not an A.V.A.C.. It almost looks like a mis-colored Gyro-Viper.
Items of note
- First Appearances: Crazylegs, Iron Grenadier uniforms
- First mention of the North American Banana Monopoly Company.
- The title comes from the first line of a famous speech from Shakespeare's Henry V - or rather, a common misquote thereof (the correct line is "Once more unto the breach, dear friends").
- Some of the looters are stealing IBM typewriters.
- On his way out of the embassy, one of the looters, wearing Nikes, steps on a picture of then-president Reagan.
- In the United Kingdom the story was reprinted in Transformers #282, #283, #284 & #285.
Footnotes and References