Welcome to , The G.I. Joe Wiki:
a fan-maintained database that anyone can edit!
We are currently working on 2,533 articles.
The mission of Joepedia is to record and categorize everything about G.I. Joe, from the classic 12" series to the Real American Hero line. From the toys, the comics, the cartoons, books and everything in between, if you want to know all about G.I. Joe, this is the place for you.
The Funhouse - Our story opens with Zartan zooming through a swamp on his swamp-skier. As ever, not only is it night, but he's up to no good, breaking into "lab central." Using his chameleon powers, he sneaks up behind the night security guard and knocks him out. When he gets inside, Zartan interrupts Dr. Hibbentrope, who is excitedly using a microscope to study some electrons. read more...
G.I. Joe began in 1964 as a line of 12-inch articulated action figures produced by Hasbro. They represented four of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces with the Action Soldier (Army), Action Sailor (Navy), Action Pilot (Air Force) and Action Marine (USMC). The development of G.I. Joe led to the coining of the term "action figure."
In 1982, the line was relaunched with the smaller 3¾" scale complete with vehicles, playsets, and a complex background story involving an ongoing struggle between the G.I. Joe Team and the evil Cobra organization. The relaunch pioneered several tactics in toy marketing, combining traditional advertising with a new cartoon miniseries and an ongoing comicbook.
Check out the new teaser, "Cobra Army Recruitment" video that came out in anticipation of the newest installment of the Joe franchise; G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
- ...Pathfinder's father was Korean War veteran who taught him the finer points of military reconnaissance?
- ...that Machete is a Dreadnok character from the Sigma 6 series?
- ...that Scarlett: Declassified was a one-shot comic book published in 2006 by Devil's Due?
- ...that Zartan spent several months disguised as the President of the United States of America?
- ...Rachel Nichols plays Scarlett in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra?
- ...that the lowest grunts in the G.I. Joe force are called Greenshirts?
- ...Cobra Island was formed when Cobra tricked the U.S. Government into firing a nuclear missile at an underwater faultline?
- Well now you know.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?