Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Marvel Comics is an American comic book company owned by Marvel Publishing, Inc., a division of Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
Marvel published several G.I. Joe titles in the 1980's and 1990's, and holds the distinction of creating the first animated television commercial for a comic book.
The following are the G.I. Joe books published during Marvel's time as holder of G.I. Joe's comic book rights:
- G.I. Joe (1982-1994)
- G.I. Joe Yearbook (1985-1988)
- G.I. Joe: Special Missions (1986-1989)
- G.I. Joe and the Transformers (1987)
- G.I. Joe: European Missions (1988-1989) (a direct reprint of Marvel UK's Action Force Monthly)
- G.I. Joe: Order of Battle (1987)
- G.I. Joe Digest
- Tales of G.I. Joe
- G.I. Joe trade paperback (1990)
- G.I. Joe Special (1995)
However, Marvel retained reprint rights for its G.I. Joe comics. When Devil's Due's G.I. Joe comics came out a success, Marvel quickly reprinted the first 50 issues of the main G.I. Joe series in 5 volumes.
G.I. Joe was also featured as guest stars in the Transformers: Generation 2 comic series.