Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shipwreck rescues a blue-skinned woman named Mara, whom Cobra has genetically modified with the intent of producing an amphibian. As the Joes seek to retrieve a captured submarine, Shipwreck's relationship with Mara is limited by the fact that she can only breathe in water.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
"You deserted us, frog princess. It ain't nice to desert your friends."
"There are no friends in Cobra, Buzzer. Only convenient alliances. We're all cannon fodder when it suits Cobra Commander. (*coughing*) I... I learned that... the hard way."
- --Buzzer and Mara discuss inter-office relationships.
What can I say? I'm attracted to morons."
"And I have a thing for mermaids."
- --Mara and Shipwreck, flirting in a most curious manner.
Animation and/or technical glitches
- While the sailor aboard the Nerka reports to Commander Jordan that the Cobra submarine is making its escape, Mara's troubled breathing, from the previous scene, can still be heard.
- Were all the JOE underwater specialists busy that day? How else do you explain Alpine, the Joe mountain climber, leading an underwater diving mission?
- Why is is that Cobra Commander always insists on putting the Joes through slow-moving, easily escapable traps when a single bullet to the head would suffice? Here, he places Lady Jaye on a slow-moving gurney in order to put her through the same machine that transformed Mara. Like clockwork, Mara sees her and recuses her moments before it's too late.
- Actually, it was Destro who placed Lady Jaye into the slow-moving trap this time around.
- This story continues in "There's No Place Like Springfield."
- Shipwreck is an expert seaman, yet knows little about diving.
- In the "Now you know..." attached to this episode, Gung-Ho explains that you shouldn't judge people until you give them a chance.
- Genetically modified underwater specialists is a concept that Cobra would seemingly perfect years later with their Hydro-Vipers.
- The U.S.S. Trogon and U.S.S. Nerka are both named after animals.
- A nerka is a type of salmon, and a trogon is a bird.
- The distinctive sound effect used for the TIE Fighters in Star Wars is recycled here for the Cobra Firebat in flight.