|G.I. Joe #114|
As the G.I. Joe ground pounders and tank jocks debate who has it better, they all must face Cobra's anti-tank specialist, Metal-Head!
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
Rock 'n Roll: "I'll"
- --For once, everybody is on the same page.
- No errors known.
Items of note
- First Appearances: Salvo, Metal-Head, Pulverizer, Republic of Quagmarh
- The Pulverizer was sold as a Battle Force 2000 vehicle, so of course it doesn't appear until after BF2K is dead.
- On page 14 of the story (page 18 of the book, counting ads), artist John Statema signed his name on one of the bricks.
- Reminder: the people trapped in the freighter were Billy, Zartan, Tyrone, Capt. Minh, Firefly, Fred VII, Croc Master, Dr. Mindbender, Voltar and Raptor, as well as a few generic troopers, including Vipers and Iron Grenadiers. The bodies are too ravaged by now to tell who was who, but at least nine of them are visible.
- The dossier in this issue features Flint.
- Metal-Head's targeting reticule is made not by M.A.R.S. but by Stark Industries, the company that regularly appeared in Iron Man.
- On the piece of equipment the Techno-Viper is using on the last page, the name of renowned comic artist Jack Kirby is worked into the design of the tech. Kirby was known for drawing large, complicated machines, so the nod is fitting.
Footnotes and References