Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||First appearance of Ripcord! The latest candidate for G.I. Joe status may already be dead! Meet Wallace Weems, a soldier everybody calls Ripcord. Lost in a forbidding jungle, Ripcord has one mission: SURVIVE! And if he doesn't outwit, outfight, and outlast the terrorists hunting him, thousands more might die!||”|
—The description as originally solicited by IDW Publishing.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
"When I make the jump from this man's Army to our brother Air Force, I'm taking up a respectable aeronautical call-sign like Ace or Slipstream or Barrel Roll..."
- --Sorry, they're all taken; you'll have to stick with Ripcord.
"Well, you know that wherever there's trouble..."
- --Hawk and Scarlett know their job well.
- The man giving the briefing at the Pentagon says the Republic of Agak is in west-central Africa, but the map shows it east-central.
- The colors on the map change significantly between panels.
Items of note
- First appearance: Ripcord, Kurin, Republic of Agak.
- Do not confuse Ripcord's team with the team Beachhead was leading in Origins #11 - while both were involved in drug work, Ripcord's team was in Colombia, while Beach's was in Guatemala.
- Weems is a Master Sergeant.
G.I. Joe references
- The team's jump uniforms - green camo with full facemasks - are the same as the uniform worn by Generation 1 Rip-Cord.
- Weems' list of potential callsigns are all existing Joe pilots.
- Hawk and Scarlett's exchange in the helicopter is a nod to the Real American Hero cartoon themesong.
- The computer screen that flags Rip's report includes the keyword "bio-toxin," suggesting the "beans" the workers are harvesting are castor beans, used for creating ricin.
- Judging by the map, Agak is sandwiched in between Rwanda, Uganda and the Congo.
- The "Skeeter" sent in is a Predator B drone.
- Lt. Cruz uses Secure Channel 5-3-0-9.
Footnotes and References
- ↑ Though there are some differences between the map seen in the book and current real-world political boundaries.