Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||The Origin of Zartan, Part 2: The twisted origin of Cobra's man of a thousand identities continues as Zartan is trained in the ways of death and disguise by his Cobra masters. But perhaps he knows far more than they. A deadly game begins; a game where only Zartan knows the rules. A glimpse inside Cobra and their evil schemes to manipulate world events from the shadows.||”|
—The description as originally solicited by IDW Publishing.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
"There's a predisposition for neurological disorders and melanoma. Those are easily reversed."
- --Dr. Taggac can read genetic codes that easily?
- In this issue, the Vipers wear mirrored masks, something that hasn't been seen in IDW books previously.
Items of note
- First appearance: Section Nine, Dr. Taggac, Hellene Cotillard, Bryson
- Dr. Taggac is a geneticist. The letters in his name - G, T, A and C - represent the four amino acids that form all DNA.
- Zartan gets a first name: Emil.
- Zartan assumes the form of Simon Cowell while watching tv.
G.I. Joe references
- Section Nine is located beneath the Carpathian Mountains. That would put it near Trans-Carpathia, site of the Silent Castle in A Real American Hero.
- When examining Zartan's genetic code, Dr. Taggac mentions neurological disorders: in other words, the schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder mentioned on RAH Zartan's filecard.
- Additionally, melanoma is skin cancer, often caused by exposure to sunlight, a reference to the toy's color-changing feature.
Footnotes and References