A series of public service announcements (or "PSAs") were produced starring characters from G.I. Joe, from 1985 to 1987. Each PSA ended with one of the troubled kids spouting "Now I know!" The featured Joe would then follow it up with the infamous catch-phrase, "And knowing is half the battle!"
There were 35 PSAs produced, each with a different lesson to be learned.
- "Running away isn't the answer" featuring Shipwreck.
- "Don't do what a stranger says" featuring Wild Bill.
- "How to tread water" featuring Torpedo.
- "What to do if you catch on fire" featuring Spirit.
- "Being a handicap doesn't make one helpless" featuring Spirit.
- "Be careful around frozen ponds and lakes" featuring Snow Job.
- "Taking something that isn't yours just isn't right" featuring Shipwreck.
- "You'll never learn without trying" featuring Scarlett.
- "Don't go near downed power lines" featuring Roadblock.
- "Don't give strangers your address" featuring Roadblock.
- "Have your eyes tested" featuring Ripcord.
- "Don't get in anything that could close and trap you" featuring Recondo.
- "Anything worth doing is worth planning" featuring Quick Kick.
- "Don't pet strange animals" featuring Mutt.
- "Wear proper protection out in the sun" featuring Leatherneck.
- "Stop and think before you act" featuring Lady Jaye.
- "Obey railroad Crossings" featuring Hawk.
- "Don't judge people until you give them a chance" featuring Gung-Ho.
- "How to stop a nose bleed" featuring Footloose.
- "Teamwork helps you win, not arguments" featuring Flint.
- "It's better to tell the truth" featuring Flint.
- "Put reflectors on your bikes" featuring Dusty.
- "Never take medicine without adult supervision" featuring Doc.
- "Have proper ventilation when painting" featuring Dial-Tone.
- "Don't Swim during a thunderstorm" featuring Deep Six.
- "Always wear a life jacket when boating" featuring Deep Six.
- "Instead of fighting, find a better way" featuring Cutter.
- "Don't call the fire department from a burning building" featuring Blowtorch.
- "What to do when you're lost" featuring Alpine.
- "Don't pull the fire alarm unless there's a fire" featuring Barbecue.
- "What to do if your house is on fire" featuring Barbecue.
- "What to do if someone passes out" featuring Airtight.
- "Eat the right foods" featuring Lifeline.
- "Where a helmet for protection" featuring Cross-Country and Beach Head.
- "Listen to yourself" featuring Flint.
Eric Fensler created parodies of 25 of the PSAs which were hosted on eBaum’s World, prompting a takedown notice from Hasbro on 9 September 2004.
Eric Piotrowski created parodies of 6 of the PSAs.
In 2007, Hasbro parodied the PSAs with commercials of the 25th anniversary line, featured in pack-in comics. The commercials began in similar form to the PSAs, but when the featured Joe arrived, rather than give a moral, announced the new toyline. "A Day in the Life of Springfield" had one featuring Roadblock, while "Backstabbed" had one featuring Duke (along with Dreadnok cameos).