|G.I. Joe #120|
|"Return to the Silent Castle"|
Destro and the Baroness return to Destro's castle in the region of Trans-Carpathia. Unknown to anyone, they are watched over on the outside and from the inside.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
- None yet.
- On page 11, a word balloon about T'Jbang, Nunchuck and Snake-Eyes points at T'Jbang.
- Made even worse by the fact that T'Jbang has taken a vow of silence.
- When Stalker shows his authorization, his hand is white.
Items of note
- First Appearances: Slice, Dice, Badger, Battle Wagon, Brawler, Cobra Battle Copters
- Trans-Carpathia is named for the first time.
- Destro and Baroness' tour of the Silent Castle pretty much follows the path Snake-Eyes took in issue #21.
- Stalker is back in his green uniform.
- It's not clear who the other Joes in the Battle Wagon and the Brawler are, but in the next issue they're revealed as Ambush, Big Ben, Roadblock and Rock 'n Roll.
- "The children of the night," in reference to wolves howling, comes from Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- Destro's chess set was sculpted by the same guy in Brooklyn who does holograms for Credit Cards - a common safety feature in the late '80s and early '90s.
- It's also a reference to Bill Merklein, who sculpted many of the A Real American Hero toys, and also did work for credit card companies. Basically, Destro's chess set uses the same G.I. Joe toys kids were playing with.
- The go-word to trigger Baroness' brainwashing is Manchuria.
- The four Red Ninjas Destro and the Baroness fight are armed with a katana, a bo staff, a pair of sais, and nunchucks - the same four weapons used by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Footnotes and References