Sgt. Stone is a member of G.I. Joe.
Rise of Cobra (2009 Movie)
- Portrayed by Brendan Fraser.
A member of an unsaid division of the Joes within The Pit. He is first introduced during Duke's CQC, entering the scene on a black, military grade Can-Am Spyder Roadster - wearing the trademark grey and black military fatigues of the Joes, as well as a black beret and combat vest. As per his introduction to the film, he is shown as being held in high regard to all members of GI Joe. He is quite cheerful in the training of Duke and Ripcord while Heavy Duty believed they wouldn't pass Stone believed they would. He is constantly optimistic of Duke's fight against Snake-Eyes and later congratulated him in being the first one to hit Snake-Eyes. It is unknown whether he survived the attack on the Pit as he was not seen during the attack.
Behind the scenes
- Brendan Fraser has previously worked with director Stephen Sommers on the first two Mummy movies (Sommers opted out of the third in exchange for Director Rob Cohen), starring as Rick O'Connell. It's because of this relationship that Fraser had a cameo in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.
- Early rumors were that Brendan Fraser would be playing a movie version of Gung-Ho, and that his Mummy Returns co-star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would be playing Shipwreck. When asked about his cameo by MTV News during the promotional tour for Journey to the Center of the Earth, Fraser was incredibly tight-lipped.
- Fraser was on the set of The Mummy 3 with Stephen Sommers when the director learned that production on Rise of Cobra was moving forward. As soon as he heard that, Fraser got excited and requested a part on the spot.
- Fraser has worked with Arnold Vosloo, who played Zartan in two of the Mummy movies. Like his role here, the two were enemies only more antagonistic.