Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When they blocked all satellite communications by superheating the stratosphere, Cobra used an array of Stratellites to maintain their own global communications.
The core is a helium balloon, made out of incredibly tough stuff called thermoplastics. The Stratellite hangs 20 miles over the Earth, way below the stratosphere, acting as a stationary communications platform for various types of wireless signals. Cobra's version of the Stratellite has a built-in anti-missile system capable of locking onto any engine signature and burning it out of the sky. All the Stratellites are connected by communications beams, capable of wireless energy transfer.
- Length: 245 ft in (75 m)
- Width: 145 ft in (44 m)
- Height: 87 ft in (26.5 m)
- Volume: 1.3 million ft³ (37,000 m³)
- Service ceiling: 70,000 ft (21,000 m)
- Dual envelopes, made of Dyneema (sometimes called Spectra)
- Navigation: 6 onboard GPS units connected to the ship's engines
- Payload capacity: 3,000 lb (1,400 kg)
- Cruising altitude: 65,000 ft (20,000 m)
- Lifting gas: Helium and Nitrogen
- Line-of-sight: 300,000 mile² (777,000 km²)
- Maximum duration aloft: 18 months
Stratellites first appeared in G.I. Joe: Resolute, launched from hidden silos on Cobra Island and forming a constellation surrounding the globes. When Dial-Tone realized the Stratellites were there, Tunnel Rat was put in charge of demolishing them.