Snake-Eyes decides to undergo reconstructive surgery. Baroness fools Zarana into being captured by the Joes. Clutch and Rock 'n Roll are brainwashed by the Brainwave Scanner.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- On page 4, while Road Pig is claiming responsibility for Zarana and the Baroness' antics, his "claws" are drawn so it looks like he's flipping the bird at Destro.
Items of note
- After getting kicked out of the helicopter, Baroness has a heelprint on her forehead.
- Baroness' giant telescope is apparently the "City Snoop," according to the label on the side.
- Snake-Eyes' unmasked face is shown for the first time.
- Dr. Hundtkinder and The Bern Institute of Reconstructive Surgery return.
- Dr. Hundtkinder's mustache returns, too.
- The stickers on the back of the Dreadnoks' van include:
- If you can read this
- You're too close
- Beat it!
- I don't brake for anything!
- The Dreadnok van's license plate is NOK-1
- The yuppie's license plate is YUPI-1.
- Boy, Larry Hama really depicts the civilians on the highway as huge assholes, doesn't he?
- Baroness's phone is hooked up to a Cobra Fax machine.
- The letters page for this issue prints a letter from Corey Stinson, the fan who would eventually found the SmallJoes.com website.
- The radical airbrushed barbarian on the side of the Dreadnoks' van is probably Conan, since Marvel was publishing a successful Conan the Barbarian book at the time.
- The "Mister Zoftig" truck is a reference to the "Mister Softee" brand of ice cream.
- Additionally, "zaftig" is the German word for "fat."
- STP is a famous brand of automotive oil.
- In the '80s, "I brake for (insert item here)" bumper stickers were a popular way of showing drivers' interests. Variations on "If you can read this, you're too close" were also somewhat popular.
- John Denver was a musician known for his light, non-offensive hits.
Footnotes and References
You call this a report??!!!
This comic issue article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Joepedia by expanding it.